SHARE THIS PRODUCT
£13.95 – £23.50
PLANET AVIARY PROUDLY PRESENTS NATURALLY for BIRDS SUPPLEMENTS
PROTEIN BOOST (500G & 1KG)
What is it?
Proteins provides the amino acids needed as building blocks for body growth, tissue repair and to maintain health. Of the 20 amino acids, three particularly important ones for breeding birds are Methionine, Lysine and Cysteine. “Protein Boost” provides all the essential amino acids through readily assimilated protein sources needed for growth and development of nestlings and particularly for more insectivorous species.
Protein Boost is a softfood supplement scientifically formulated to be added to a bird’s existing diet.
Many people think there is only one protein. Actually, there are well over 6,000 proteins, but each one is made up from just 20 amino acids. Most of these are derived from diet but some may be synthesised within the body and some may be created from a precursor element of the birds’ diet.
- An amino acid missing from what you currently feed can cause a diet deficiency which may affect aspects of health, fertility, hatchability and growth.
- A diet with insufficient protein content can lead to a sex imbalance with more males than females being produced.
- Failure to rear nestlings is often caused by too low a level of protein in the breeding diet.
- Only an average of one or two nestlings being reared out of a clutch of three or more is often a symptom of a low protein level diet.
- The % CRUDE PROTEIN content of a nutrient is no indication of whether it is deficient in one or more amino acids and therefore is an unreliable source of information.
The ingredients are whole egg products, pea meal, wheat germ, soy meal, blood and bone meal, spirulina and vegetable products. The supplement provides:
- Amino acids: 20 amino acids including the critical breeding AAs – lysine, methionine, cysteine
- Minerals: aluminium, boron, calcium, chromium, copper, iron, potassium, magnesium, manganese, molybdenum, sodium, nickel, phosphorous, sulphur, zinc.
- Fat-soluble vitamins: A, D3, E, K.
- Water-soluble vitamins: B12, biotin, choline, folic acid, niacin, pantothenic acid, pyridoxine, riboflavin, thiamine.
NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS – PROTEIN BOOST
|Energy and Carbohydrates|
|Dry Matter Digestibility||%||86|
|Digestible Organic Matter||%||84|
|Total Omega 6 + Omega 3 FAs||g/100g DM||3.86|
When do you feed it?
Introduce 6 weeks prior to and during the breeding season. Continue feeding juveniles at least through their first moult.
How do you feed it?
The quantity fed of this supplement will depend to some extent on the proportion of livefood in the species diet. Insectivores can be fed 50-70% Protein Boost in a softfood mix, while finches, canaries, budgies may be fed by adding 13% or 1:8 Protein Boost with a sprouted seed/milk seed mix OR in a soft food mix. Protein Boost can also be provided in a separate bowl to allow birds to select it as needed.
How do you store it?
This product can be frozen or stored in a cool, dry container to maintain quality until used.
About “Naturally for Birds” Supplement range
“Under the leadership of award winning Dr Sarah Pryke (at the Australian National University), the Save The Gouldian Fund (STGF) team of scientists has been working on the ecology, behaviour, physiology and nutritional requirements of a range of finches. Part of this work has been researching the wild diets of finches at different stages in their lifecycle (i.e. different times of the year).
Using both the wild and captive research, a range of supplements has subsequently been formulated to meet the natural bio-rhythms of wild Australian seedeaters. When added to a traditional diet, the scientific trials showed dramatic and staggering results in improving general health and well-being of birds, as well as increasing fertility, breeding success, nestling and juvenile growth rates and survival, as well as a number of other health, survival and reproductive-related effects.
Sales of this product contribute to funding future research by Save the Gouldian Fund.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.