SHARE THIS PRODUCT
£7.50 – £28.85
A liquid calcium supplement for birds with added vitamin D3 for addition into drinking water or onto moist/soft foods. It has the stamp of approval from DEFRA under the Small Animal Exemptions Scheme.
Our calcium supplement Calcivet (CalciBoost in America) stops the most common deficiency in cage and aviary birds, calcium deficiency. Despite the tonnes of cuttlefish bone fed every year, calcium deficiency is still the biggest problem in bird keeping!
A shortage of usable calcium lies at the root of many problems, including:
- egg laying
- egg binding
- weak hens that cannot lay or continue to lay more clutches
- broken bones in young chicks
- rickets in baby birds
- slow moults and french moult
- feather plucking
- twirling and co-ordination problems which may go as far as falling off the perch
- respiratory problems
Most of the cuttlefish which is supplied to try to raise calcium levels when eaten by the bird goes straight out in the droppings. As with other minerals the difficulty is absorbing it into the bloodstream. So The Birdcare Company developed a super-saturated chelated calcium solution called Cacivet. Calcivet (CalciBoost in America) uses a chelated mineral technology similar to the calcium supplied in nature by plants. So it is easily absorbed and quickly gets to the bones, nerves and muscles where it is needed. It is such an effective calcium source that most of the year you will only need it once or twice a week (definitely twice for African greys and eclectus).
Quality chelated calcium! No more…
- Rickets and splayed legs in chicks
- Birds falling off the perch
- Twirling and star gazing
- Deformed eggs
- Broken eggs in nests
- Weak hens that struggle with the breeding season
- Small clutches
- Hens dying, while cocks are fine
Calcivet® – Used by top breeders around the world!
- Calcivet® brings amazing results
- Calcivet® is highly concentrated and works when some other supplements don’t.
- Use as directed for best results
- Cuttle fish and grit won’t solve the problems!
- Calcivet® gives high value for money with more calcium for your pound.
Key features: Ideal for breeding and growing birds. Promotes healthy egg production and has proven to be very effective as an emergency product for egg-bound hens. Calcium is involved in brain and nerve function and can improve behavioural problems such as feather plucking or chewing.
50ml, 100ml, 250ml, 500ml
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.